“In designing the 23X Chiparvestor whole tree disc chipper, Morbark followed the same thought process and ideals as we did in creating the other X-series of next-generation Morbark equipment,” said Michael Stanton, Morbark Director of Industrial Sales. “We took our previous proven design technology and focused on minimizing downtime, increasing production and making improvements that will help contribute to customer success.”
Morbark has been producing mobile whole tree disc chippers since the 1970s, and like the previous Model 23 Chiparvestors, the 23X uses a 75″ (190.5 cm) diameter x 5″ (12.7 cm) thick chipper disc to chip large volumes of wood, while the built-in dirt separator with deflector keeps the end product clean.
Key improvements of the 23X over the previous models include:
- Increased ground clearance with four super single flotation tires for mobilization on uneven logging jobs
- 8’6″ (2.59 m) width for legal transport worldwide
- Simplified feed system that includes a two-wheel hydraulic feed system consisting of a 35″ x 56″ (88.9 cm x 142.2 cm) top feed wheel and 13″ x 56″ (33.2 cm x 142.2 cm) bottom feed wheel
- An independent disc drive tensioning system for ease of adjustment
- Large work platform for easier and safer disc inspections and maintenance
- Improved Chipper Hood design that allows for better access to the disc during inspections and maintenance
- Integrated skidder bar as standard to allow for easier staging and repositioning of chipping on the landing
“Morbark continues to listen closely to our customers, providing the features they want and need and delivering on our promise of making heavy-duty equipment that helps enable them to succeed,” continued Stanton.
Morbark Demo Days
Demo Days events kicked off on Wednesday night with a Welcome Reception at Maple Creek Golf Course. Thursday focused on education, with a panel discussion about growing your business, featuring Jerry Sapp of Sapp’s Land and Excavating, and Bill Gaston of Wood Resource Recovery. Attendees then had the opportunity to learn about Tier 4 Final Engines, Financing and Extended Service Contracts and Warranties, as well as take a tour through the Morbark factory and see firsthand the cutting-edge technologies, materials and processes used to manufacture the company’s industrial and tree care equipment lines.
Since this is the first Morbark Demo Days after the company acquired Rayco® in November 2017, participants were able to see a demonstration of Rayco forestry mulchers and aerial trimmer, and even try their hand at using the equipment! The event culminated today with demonstrations of equipment for the forestry, biomass, recycling and tree care markets.
The equipment models demonstrated were:
- 223 Flail
- NEW 23X Chiparvestor®
- 40/36 NCL Track Whole Tree Chipper
- 40/36 MicroChipper
- 50/48X Whole Tree Drum Chipper
- 3400XT Wood Hog Horizontal Grinder
- 6400XT Wood Hog Horizontal Grinders, doing both primary grind and regrind
- 1300B Tub Grinder
- Rayco AT75 Aerial Trimmer
- Rayco T415 Forestry Mulcher
- Rayco C120 Forestry Mulcher
- Beever™ M12RX Brush Chipper
- Beever™ M15R Brush Chipper
- Beever™ M18R Brush Chipper
Published September 28, 2018
CLICK HERE to access printer-friendly press release file and high-resolution images for editorial use.