Morbark 23X Chiparvestor® whole tree chippers are built to last. The improved chipper hood design that allows for better access to the disc during inspections and maintenance, while the 23″ (58.42 cm) chipping diameter tackles some of the larger trees. Each chipper disc is put through ultrasonic testing, making it the best chipper disc in the industry. Like the previous Model 23 Chiparvestors, the 23X uses a 75″ (190.5 cm) diameter x 5″ (12.7 cm) thick chipper disc to chip large volumes of wood, while the built-in dirt separator with deflector keeps the end product clean. Key improvements of the 23X over the previous models include increased ground clearance with four super single flotation tires for mobilization on uneven logging jobs; 8’6″ (2.59 m) width for legal transport worldwide; a simplified feed system that includes a two-wheel hydraulic feed system consisting of a 35″ x 56″ (88.9 cm x 142.2 cm) top feed wheel and 13″ x 56″ (33.2 cm x 142.2 cm) bottom feed wheel; a large work platform for easier and safer disc inspections and maintenance; and much more!
Unrestricted Infeed with Dual Feed Wheel
Two-wheel hydraulic feed system has one 35″ x 56″ (889. cm x 142.24 cm) top feed wheel and one 13″ x 56″ (33.2 x 142.24 cm) bottom feed wheel.
Large work platform makes for easier and safer disc inspections and maintenance.
Each disc is fabricated from plate steel and put through ultrasonic testing. Material certification is issued for each disc, which provides the best chipper disc in the industry.
Compact, 8’6″ (2.59 m) width makes this machine is easy to transport anywhere in the world.
Morbark Integrated Control Systems
This ultimate diagnostic system monitors pressures, temperatures, clutch systems and engine efficiency to maximize performance.
Units produce quality chips even in non-merchantable and juvenile timber
Chipping capacity: 23″(58.42 cm)
Length: 33’8″ (10.26 m)
Height: 12’10” (3.91 m)
Width: 8’6″ (2.59 m)
Gross weight (approx.): 58,040 lb (26,326 kg)
Horsepower: 800 HP (596 kW)
Tandem axle trailer: 44,000 lb (19,958 kg) suspension
Fuel capacity (tank): 300 gal (1,135 L)
Hydraulic oil capacity: 100 gal (378 L)
Knives (3): 23″ x 5″ x ½” (58.42 cm x 12.7 cm x 1.27 cm)
Chip sizes”: 5/8″, ¾”, 7/8″, 1″ (15.88 mm, 19 mm, 22.22 mm, 25.4 mm)
- 75″ (190.5 cm) diameter x 5″ (12.7 cm) thick three-knife chipper disc with LH rotation
- Hydraulic chipper hood for easy knife access
- Two-wheel hydraulic feed system: One 35″ x 56″ (889. cm x 142.24 cm) top feed wheel and one 13″ x 56″ (33.2 x 142.24 cm) bottom feed wheel
- Large work platform for general chipper disc maintenance
- Integrated Skidder Bar
- Remote control with a tethered remote back‑up system
- Morbark Integrated Control Systems (MICS) diagnostic system monitors pressures, temperatures, clutch systems and engine efficiency to maximize performance
- Reversing fan
- Dirt separator with deflector
- Hydraulic swivel/telescoping discharge spout
- 11-HP (8.2 kW) air compressor
- Light package
- Rear hydraulic stabilizers
- 4-Knife disc in lieu of standard 3-knife
- ESPAR heating system for cold-weather start