In today’s environment of declining tax revenue and increased operating costs, cities are searching for new and innovative ways to finance badly needed capital equipment purchases. Today taxpayers demand that municipal leaders hold the line on taxes while insisting that more and better service be provided.
Lease/purchase plans give governmental entities fast and flexible ways to acquire equipment when it’s needed and, at the same time, eliminate the complexity of a bond issue or (in most cases) the time necessary for general voter approval.
These plans also are economical because they offer tax-exempt interest rates while still building equity toward ownership.
Nationwide, knowledgeable states, cities, towns and villages are turning to lease/purchase plans as a viable way to provide much-needed services in lean times.
Interest rates will vary depending on the amount of the purchase, corporate credit rating and term of the loan.
A lease/purchase plan can be used to purchase:
- Tub Grinders
- Wood Hogs
- Slow Speed Shredders
- Virtually ANY equipment needed by a qualified government agency
A lease/purchase plan allows you to:
- Avoid large, lump-sum expenditures, repercussions of tax increases and the complexity of bond issues
- Obtain needed equipment at today’s prices, while taking advantage of tax-exempt interest rates
- Maximize limited budget funds, as only the current year’s lease payments need be included in the operating budget
- Accumulate equity with each and every installment
- Realize ownership with a final payment of $1.00 at the lease’s end
- Put an end to the financial and operational struggle of keeping worn-out equipment in service
- Gain the cash flow benefits of periodic payments
- Free your capital for operating needs such as construction projects, road maintenance, emergency medical response systems, and more.
Plans Tailored to Your Needs
Morbark can provide a structured program to meet the needs of your city, county or township. Many of our finance companies will even set up an annual line of credit to meet the budgetary needs of your government agency.
For more information,
Government Support Representative
Phone: 800.831.0042, ext. 1420