Compact and easy-to-haul, Morbark 950 Tub Grinders are ideal for converting yard and wood waste, pallets and other mixed woody feedstocks into saleable products. The 950 tub grinder is equipped with a proven drive line protection system that protects against catastrophic damage from contaminants. Hydraulic augers quickly remove product from beneath the mill; laser-cut, factory-balanced hammermills with forged hammers offer smooth operation; full breakaway torque limiter protects the engine and clutch against overload without stalling; and tub tilt provides easy access to grates and anvil for maintenance.
Laser-cut, factory-balanced hammermills with forged hammers offer unsurpassed durability and smooth operation.
Quickly remove product from beneath the mill. During material surges, pressure sensors on the auger system automatically slow tub rotation to prevent plugging.
The full breakaway torque limiter system protects the engine and clutch against shock and overload without stalling the engine.
Hydraulic tub tilt provides easy access to grates and anvil for routine maintenance.
Length (operating): 29’5″
Length (transport): 22′
Height (transport): 12’5″
Gross weight: 12,750 lbs.
Engine: CAT, Cummins, John Deere or Perkins
Horsepower: 172 HP to 215 HP
Fuel capacity: 59 gallons
Hydraulic oil capacity: 50 gallons
Tow arrangement: Pintle hitch
- Tub has 8’4″ diameter opening across the top, 6’6″ diameter at inside base, 44″ deep walls constructed of 1/4″ reinforced steel plate, and floor constructed of 1/4″ thick T-1 wear-resistant steel
- Tub supported by (5) rubber tire guide rolls
- Hydraulic tub tilt for easy access to hammermill with hydraulically powered variable RPM forward and reverse tub control with electronic sensor drive
- Remote control
- Front stabilizer
- Dual axles
- Tub cover for debris containment
Hammermills and Screens
22-1/2″ x 32-1/2″ hammermill system constructed of heavy-duty 16″ diameter laser-cut rotor, (13) 1-1/8″ thick 2-piece laser-cut rotor plates to ensure precision and enforce steel strength. The plates are keyed on a 4-1/2″ diameter rotor shaft with 2-15/16″ bearings direct driven at engine RPM and (8) 1-1/4″ hammer retaining rods.
Two 12″ diameter augers discharge to 28″ wide x 12′ upright discharge conveyor
- Electric power
- track undercarriage
- Magnetized end pulley for discharge conveyor, complete with collecting slide tray for ferrous metal removal
- 28″ wide x 15′ long hydraulic folding discharge conveyor
- Single tub slide tray assembly
- Dual tub slide tray assembly
- Fifth wheel towing arrangement
- 1/3 Tub cover
- Hydraulic front stabilizer
- Variety of screens